Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Day 372 - Laura Calder

Laura Calder is my new favorite television chef. I minored in French in college. I've been to France twice. And each time, it felt like home. If I were in a different place in my life, I would move there in a heartbeat. Instead, I must be content to live vicariously through others or read books, watch movies or cook French food. Laura Calder has a quirky style I love. It's funny but she looks and even has the same haircut as my high school French teacher. I love watching her show, French Food at Home. And today, I had about 5 episodes taped. I watched all of them and completely inspired for holiday cooking, I've just finished printing recipes off the Cooking Channel website. I love to cook and I love learning from Laura Calder. See? There is joy in cooking.

No comments: