Thursday, January 13, 2011

Day 402 - Home Safely

There's no place like home. There's no place like home. There's no place like home! I feel a bit like Dorothy today. I ventured out for the first time since Sunday. We were out of milk, bread, eggs and orange juice. Little left for dinners, either. To save a few bucks, I decided to go to Wal-Mart. Slip sliding down a road where the ice hadn't melted I witnessed a truck go off into a ditch. I had to turn around (but not after sliding down the hill in reverse first) and make everyone else behind me do the same. Sorry people! And thank you to the nice young man in the white truck for helping me maneuver my car on the only dry patch of road so I could turn around. I stopped at Publix (which is a little more expensive but just outside my subdivision) and then went straight home. I'm not going out again unless I have to! Ahhhhhh, it's a joy to be home!

No comments: