Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Day 13 - Hand lotion


I know. Hand lotion? What joy can there be in hand lotion? My skin gets so dry in the winter. Especially my hands. And my hands more so in the winter because I was raised by a nurse who drilled into our heads, "Wash your hands!" It's almost OCD how much I wash my hands, especially when I'm cooking. But it IS the best way to stay healthy. And as a result, my hands get very dry, sometimes cracked. And you'd think that with how many times I have to apply hand lotion I'd have some magical favorite. But I don't. Just about any hand lotion will do. As long as it isn't too greasy. Which some can be and then I just rub the excess up my arms and to my elbows. Problem solved. Ah the joy in the healing properties of simple hand lotion.

3 comments:

Caroline said...

My favorite is Boots lavender hand lotion...not too thick, smells wonderful and not a bit greasy!

Joy said...

Oooo..thanks for the recommendation!

Relyn Lawson said...

I love this idea and your small homages to daily joys. This is wonderful. Hello, my new friend.