Saturday, January 9, 2010

Day 31 - Cardinals

My grandmother loved cardinals. When she died I kept a needlepoint picture she had done with a cardinal on it. Because people know that I have adopted her love of cardinals I now received gifts that have cardinals on them. A few years ago, my husband bought me a beautiful bird feeder and set it up just outside our kitchen door. The door has a window so I can look out there while I'm cooking or cleaning up. We always have plenty of birdseed in it, especially the kind specifically designed to attract cardinals. That is, until a few months ago. We were so busy with guests and the holidays I kept forgetting to refill it. When I finally did the birds came back but not my sweet cardinal family. It has taken about three weeks but they came back! I am joyful that my cardinals are home again!

No comments: