Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Day 175 - Someone To Talk To

I have a strained relationship with my parents. As a result, I keep a therapist on retainer. I used to see one regularly. As I've grown, I just check in with her on a sporadic basis. But I have a trip, an unavoidable family obligation, coming up. So I'm a bit extra stressed. A bit extra anxious. Talking to someone, thinking and musing out loud about how to handle the unforeseen is such a healthy, helpful thing for me. And today it was pure joy having someone to talk to about my fears!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more, Joy. I'm a fervent believer in the power of therapy - of having a professional, unbiased person to help you talk through and think through challenges. I haven't been seeing my therapist as much these past few months (because I'm feeling really good) but it's comforting just to know I can go to her when I need to. She knows me, my story, my challenges.