Friday, June 4, 2010

Day 178 - Leftovers

I know I've sung the praises of leftovers before but tonight they were a lifesaver. Ok. That might be a bit melodramatic but I found joy in them, all the same. We were going to order pizza and take it to our neighborhood pool for a fun evening dinner. The kids would swim and my husband and I would enjoy each other's company, nibbling on the left over pizza crust. But just as I was going to tell the kids to put their suits on and order, the sky opened up. Lightning. Thunder. The works. I took a peek at the radar and we were stuck for a while. I didn't want to go out in that mess and I certainly didn't want to have a pizza driver have to deliver in it. So I went to the freezer, pulled out a frozen soup from a month ago and Voila! Dinner is served thanks to joyful leftovers!

No comments: