Sunday, April 4, 2010

Day 116 - Easter

I've lived away from home all of my adult life. And Easter is typically a melancholy holiday for me because I'm away from tradition and family. My husband and I have tried to create our own traditions with our kids but there's nothing like a house full of people to put you in the holiday spirit. Today we hosted our first Easter Brunch complete with a huge egg hunt for the kids. We invited friends who live far away from their extended family, too. It was a blast. So much so, that we all agreed to do it again next year. Easter Joy to all of you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

New traditions are magical! They're not easy to figure out - because you're always comparing them to what your family did when you were young - but once you discover what works, it's beautiful.