Friday, April 16, 2010

Day 129 - Western Medicine

I try to practice a more natural/alternative approach to my health. While I was raised in a Western Medicine family (immediate relatives are/were doctors and nurses) I see the value in Eastern Medicine which my husband practices. I've been suffering from allergies of late that I thought had developed into the common cold because I wasn't getting much sleep because I couldn't breathe. My husband was prescribing the proper herbs and I was staying away from dairy and sugar. But then, yesterday, it came on like gang busters. A killer sore throat. 101 temp. Aches and pains. I went to the Western Doctor today (my husband and I see great value in both modalities) and I'm cured! I was diagnosed with strep and after an IV drip of steroids and antibiotics I feel almost 100%. Critical care is one of the amazing benefits of Western Medicine. And today I was able to experience that joy!

No comments: