Friday, January 1, 2010

Day 23 - Beginnings


I've never been much for new year's resolutions. But I do like the promise of a new year. I love the fresh start it suggests. I look forward to the events we have coming up. Our daughter will be a senior in high school this coming fall. Our youngest will beginning grade school. We have much to look forward to. And I'm going to try to savor every moment so as not to rush things. I have a bad habit of looking so far forward I miss the "now." If I have any new year's resolution this year it will be to slow down, savor and enjoy the moment. Because this year is a promising, joyful new year. And I don't want to miss a thing!

3 comments:

Relyn Lawson said...

I've been so busy doing nothing much that I haven't been around to visit my friends in too long. So, though my wishes are late, I mean them with my whole heart. May your year be filled with laughter. May all your surprises be happy ones. May you remember to count your blessings. May you know each day how very much you are loved. Happy new year, my friend.

Joy said...

You are so sweet! Thanks for thinking of me!

spread your wings said...

thank you for your visit the other day. I'm glad to "meet" you. Yours is a great idea for a blog - posting your joy every -single - day. We do have lots to be thankful for but sometimes we are going too fast to stop and appreciate - to see the joy. thanks for the reminder.