Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Day 35 - My Aunt

My "ahnt," my "ant" -- however you pronounce it -- my Aunt is a joyful soul. She has taught me so much about living right now, enjoying spontaneity, not dwelling in the past. She is creative. She is so very, very helpful and kind. She is generous of her time, resources and spirit. She is interested in art and music. She's a bit of a bohemian. When I was a little girl I wanted to grow up to be just like her. I hope I've made her proud. And today is her birthday. Happy Birthday, Auntie! You are joy.

1 comment:

Cam said...

See, my post is in sync with this...sorta.

I was saying that the women of our tribe are so important to us. They help to shape who we are, and they understand us in ways that others simply cannot. It is such an important bond to experience.

Happy Birthday to your Auntie...