Thursday, January 7, 2010

Day 29 - Snow Angels


I have a wonderful aunt who taught me about spontaneity and living in the moment. I'll never forget one winter evening when she said, "Want to take a walk?" with a little glimmer in her eye. It was late. Almost my bedtime - so, of course, I said yes! There was a fresh layer of snow on the ground and suddenly, without warning, she plopped down on someone's lawn and made a snow angel. She got up, began to walk away and said, "Won't THEY be surprised in the morning!" So that's what we did for the rest of our walk - made snow angels on lawns in my neighborhood. It's one of my favorite memories of my aunt. And now, I find joy in snow angels.

1 comment:

Relyn Lawson said...

Now that's the kind of aunt every child needs. The kind of aunt I try to be.